He was a Superintendent of Schools.
_Richard Bevill _____+ | (.... - 1460) _William Bevill _____|_____________________ | (1435 - 1485) _William Bevill _____| | (1460 - 1488) m 1485| | | _____________________ | | | | |_Margaret Unknown ___|_____________________ | (1440 - ....) _Robert Bevill ______| | (1480 - 1518) | | | _____________________ | | | | | _____________________|_____________________ | | | | |_Emma _______________| | (1460 - ....) m 1485| | | _____________________ | | | | |_____________________|_____________________ | | |--William Bevill | (1511 - ....) | _____________________ | | | _____________________|_____________________ | | | _____________________| | | | | | | _____________________ | | | | | | |_____________________|_____________________ | | |_Elizabeth __________| (1480 - ....) | | _____________________ | | | _____________________|_____________________ | | |_____________________| | | _____________________ | | |_____________________|_____________________
___________________________________________ | _____________________|___________________________________________ | _______________________________| | | | | ___________________________________________ | | | | |_____________________|___________________________________________ | _Peter De Conde _____| | (1020 - ....) | | | ___________________________________________ | | | | | _____________________|___________________________________________ | | | | |_______________________________| | | | | ___________________________________________ | | | | |_____________________|___________________________________________ | | |--Osbert De Conde | (1055 - 1129) | _Richard I The Fearless Count Of Normandy _+ | | (0933 - 0996) | _Godfrey De Brionne _|_Gunner Of CrÍpon _________________________ | | (0953 - 1015) m 0985 (.... - 1031) | _Gilbert (Crispin) De Brionne _| | | (.... - 1040) m 1020 | | | | _Sigfried "The Dane" Comte de Guines ______ | | | | (1000 - 1040) | | |_Hawise de Guines ___|_Elisende (Elftrude) de Flanders __________ | | (0958 - ....) m 0985 (0937 - 0970) |_Emma De Brionne ____| (1022 - ....) | | ___________________________________________ | | | _____________________|___________________________________________ | | |_Gunnora D'Anjou ______________| m 1020 | | ___________________________________________ | | |_____________________|___________________________________________
Called The Pious (778-840), Holy Roman emperor (814-40), king of France(814-40), king of Germany (814-40), and king of Aquitaine (781-840). He was the son of Charlemagne, king of the Franks. In 817 Louis made plans providing for the posthumous division of the Carolingian Empire among his three surviving sons, Lothair I, Holy Roman emperor, Louis II, king of Germany, and Charles II, Holy Roman emperor. His reign, however, was troubled by quarrels with his sons, who were dissatisfied with his arrangements for the succession.
Louis was physically strong but was easily influenced and was unequal to administering the large empire that he inherited from his father. In 781, at age 2, Louis I, "Le Pieux", was crowned and anointed King of Aquitaine by Pope Hadrian I, at the same time as his older brother Pepin was made King of Italy. Louis, whose twin brother had died at birth, was the third of Charlemagne's sons by his wife Hildegard.
The Diviso Regni of 806 indicates that Louis was to have Aquitaine as an independent kingdom upon his father's death. Aquitaine was in effect a March; for much of Louis' reign as sub-king he and hisofficials were occupied in quelling Gascon revolts and launching offensives into Spain. Unrest had never completely died out in the Pyrenees since the annexation of Aquitaine in 768, and more especially after the disastrous ambush of the Frankish vanguard in Roncesvalles in 778. In about 788, Chorso, Duke of Toulouse was captured by a Gascon named Adelric, and then released after being forced to swear an oath of allegiance to the Gascon or Basque leader.
In 793, the Sarracens invadedSeptimania, burned the suburbs of Narbonne and marched on Carcassonne, but in 795 Bahlul-ben-Machluc sued with Louis for peace. In 800, he successfully laid siege to Barcelona and subsequently captured Tortosa, Huesca and Pamplona and formed links with the Kingdom of the Asturias.Baptized: on 15 Apr 781; On 15 April 781, Louis was baptized by Pope Hadrian I in Rome. The next day, Easter Sunday, he was confirmed in his title of King of Aquitaine. Married in 794: Ermengarde d'Esbay, daughter of Engueran=Ingram, Count d'Esbay.
Between 800 and 837: Louis I established monasteries in Nouaille (a cell of St. Hilaire of Poitiers), Gellone and St. Martin-de-Tours.After the death of his brothers Pepin and Charles in 810 and 811 respectively, Louis was crowned at Aachen on 13 September 813, Emperor and heir to all of Charlemagne's lands, by Charlemagne himself without any assistance nor even the presence of the Pope.
All sources, Frankish as well as papal, refer to Louis as emperor from then on. Charlemagne died 5 months later. All of Louis' sisters were required to quit the palace and retire to their own estates. His cousins,the offsprings of Bernard (Pepin III's half brother) were exhiled: Louis forced Count Wala to become a monk at Corbie; Adalhard was exhiled to Noirmoutier to be held there in custody by the Abbot; Bernhard returned to Lerin and Gundrada had to retreat to St. Radegund's convent of Sainte Croix in Poitiers. Only Theodrada was left unmolested as abbess of Notre Dame at Soissons.
Louis I was also known as Louis, "Le Pieux". On 27 February 814, upon learning of the death of his father, and at the age of 36 years, he left Doue-la-Fontaine, in Anjou, to go to Aix-la-Chapelle.This new emperor, enterred this capital, and poised himself in front of the tomb of Charlemagne. So oversome with grief, his forehead touched the stone floor of the church. Hence the name "LePieux". Since he was kind, relative to his times, he was also known as"Le Debonnaire". For himself, he preferred to adopt the title "by divine Providence, Emperor Augustus".
When Pope Leo died in May of 816, StephenIV was elected Pope, and crowned Louis the Emperor on Sunday 5 October by placing a crown on his head during mass at Rheims. He also secured therelease of some Roman exhiles in Francia. This crowning was among the first attempts to integrate the Papacy into the institutional frame work of the Empire. Louis, 'lest he be led astray in satisfying the natural desires of the body' married Ermengarde, daughter of Count Ingramn. Charlemagne established Doue-la-Fontaine, Chasseneuil (Louis'birthplace), Angeac and Ebreuil as royal residences to maintain Louis and his household.
At an assembly in Aachen in July 817, Louis made provisions for his sons' inheritance through the "Ordinatio Imperii". In his preface he states that the unity of the empire preserved for Louis byGod should not be destroyed by men. Lothar was given the title of emperor, and as co-ruler with his father at once made heir to the empire,and appointed King of Italy in the event of his father's death. Bernard, then King of Italy was not mentioned, but the implication is that Bernard would be subordinate to Lothar should Louis die. Pepin was made King of Aquitaine (plus Gascony, Toulouse, Carcassonne, Autun, Avallon and Nevers) and Louis, The German, was made King of Bavaria (plus Carinthia, Bohemia, the lands of the Avars and Slavs and the royal manors of Lauterhofen and Ingolstadt).
Pepin and Louis were to meet on an annualbasis with Lothar to consult and together find "measures to take in the interest of perpetual peace". They could neither start a war nor marry without the approval of their elder brother. Lothar even had the right to de-throne them after three warnings. That same year, 817, Stephen IV obtains his political independence, thus severing the tie between Romeand the Frank Empire as conceived by Charlemagne. The arrangement was neat and all contingencies covered except for the one which took place.After his first wife's (Ermengarde) death, Louis, in 819, married the beautiful Bavarian Judith, daughter of Comte Welf of Bavaria. On 13 June 823 she gave birth to a son. He was called Charles. In September, 824, forgetting his nickname "Le Debonnaire", Louis totally ravages the Bretagne which was rebelling.
In 829, at the General Assembly convoked in Worms (Wurm), Louis announces that he is forging a Duchy for his son,Charles, and gives him Alamania, Alsace, Rhetia, and part of Burgundy.The Co-Emperor Lothar, disagrees and has his name removed from imperial decrees and diplomas. Toward the end of 829, the political scene gets very complicated with allegations that Judith had intimate rapports with Bernard, Count of Barcelone, and ultimately desiring the death of the three sons of Hirmingarde. In Mai of 830, in Compiegne, Lothar and Pepinof Aquitaine lead a revolt. Louis is forced to cede on every point ofcontention. The apanage of the young Charles is eliminated, Judith is locked up in Poitiers at the Monastery of Sainte-Radegonde. In 831, thebishops would note how she had a talent for converting men's hearts and souls, and would allow her to rejoin her husband. In 832, Pepin and Louis revolt against their father. On 24 June 833, the Army of Louis Le Pieux faces those of the rebels. The field of battle in Rothfeld would be named the Field of the Lie (Lugenfeld). The Emperor and his sons begin negotiations. The night of 29 to 30 June, it is clear that the supportersof Louis would be influenced by his three sons.
On the morning of 30 June, Louis would have to surrender. It would not be until 1 October that Louis would be deposed by the Assembly led by Agobard, Archbishop of Lyonand Eblon, Archbishop of Reims. On 7 October, Judith is sent to the Monastery of Tortone, Bernard to Prum, and Louis to the Monastery of Saint-Medard-de-Soissons, where in public ceremony, he is forced to laydown his sword, stripped of royal vestments, he is made to don the coarse cloth of a penitent. In 834, Louis and Pepin, tired of being under the control of their brother Lothar, decide to free their father.
On 28 February, they succeed in freeing their father and in August in Blois, Lothar swears to Louis Le Pieux, that he would never leave Italy except by his direct command. Throughout 834, the Normands -- Danes, Swedes and Norwegians -- resume their raids. On 28 February 835, the General Assembly proclaims that Louis was innocent of all previous accusations thus clearing the way for him to be re-established as Emperor on theThrone at Saint-Stephen of Metz. In 837, thanks to the intercessions of Judith, Charles "Le Chauve", receives a Kingdom composed of Frisia,between the Seine, the Meuse and the sea and in September 838, he receives the crown at Quierzy-sur-Oise.
In 838, Marseille is devastated by the Sarrasins. On 30 May 839, the Empire is divided in half, with Lothar taking the East, and Charles' lands extend through Provence, Lyon,Toul and Geneva and all the lands of the West. Louis "the German", gets to keep only Bavaria. Married in 819: Judith de Baviere (3628), daughter of Welf II, Count de Baviere and Egilwich=Heilwig, Abbess de Challes ; Louis married Judith upon the death of his first wife, Ermengarde. She bore him a son named Charles in 823. It is clear that Louis was as fond of Charles as Jacob was of his Benjamin. Died: on 22 Jun 840 in Ingelheim, Germany, at age 61 In 840, while attempting to keep Louis "the German" in line, Louis "Le Pieux" is taken ill in Salz. Feeling near death, he sends Lothar his sword and the crown on the condition that he would be loyal to Judith and abide by the lands division agreed to in Worms in 839. He died on an island, near Ingelheim on 22 June. 309. Judith de Baviere (Andre Roux: Scrolls, 191.)
(Stuart, Royalty for Commoners, Page 130, Line 171-40.)
(Rosamond, Frankish kingdom under Carolingians, Page 136).Married Name:de France. Born: circa 800 in Altdorf, Bavaria, daughter of Welf II,Count de Baviere (3626) and Egilwich=Heilwig, Abbess de Challes . Married in 819: Louis I, King de France , son of Charlemagne, Rex Francorum et Langobardorum and Hildegard, Countess de Linzgau ; Louis married Judith upon the death of his first wife, Ermengarde. She bore him a son named Charles in 823. It is clear that Louis was as fond of Charles as Jacob was of his Benjamin. Died: on 19 Apr 843 in Tours, Indre-et-Loire,Touraine, France
Ludwig's father, the Emperor Charlemagne, who died in 814, had intended to split his empire between his sons, but all except Ludwig predeceasedhim. Ludwig, therefore became sole heir to the Empire. His was a troubled reign. He exiled some of his father's closest advisors (including two cousins) immediately upon his succession. In 817, Louis declared that his eldest son, Lothar, would succeed him as Emporer and that his two younger sons, Ludwig and Pepin would be given kingdoms within the Empire. The three sons were satisfied with this arrangement. Louis had a nephew, Bernard, who had succeeded his father, Pepin, as King of Italy in 812.Louis made no provision for Bernard in the succession plan. Bernard, feeling he had been slighted, revolted against Ludwig. Ludwig put downthe revolt and had Bernard blinded. In 823 Louis' second wife bore him a son, Karl. Ludwig made known that he planned to include Karl in hissuccession plans. This was not acceptable to Karl's half brothers, Lothar and Ludwig. From the late 820s until his death in 840,
Ludwig was in a continual struggle with one or more of his sons. Three years of bitter civil war followed Ludwig's death. The Treaty of Verdun in 843 finally brought some resolution. Lothar was recognized as Emporer and was given soverignty in an area which was to become known as "the Middle Kingdom" stretching from the North Sea to Rome. Ludwig became soverign over the portion of the old Empire east of Lothar's (basically modern day Germany) and Karl became soverign over the portion of the old Empire west of Lothar's (modern day France). The other brother, Pepin had died in 838.Lothar, even thouigh he retained the title of Emporer, had no authority in Ludwig's or Karl's domains. It was during these times of unrest towards the end of Ludwig's reign that the Vikings began to make their first raids along the northern coast of the Empire, occasionally venturing inland as well.
_Hervey De Keth Marshal Of Scottland_ | (1187 - 1250) m 1211 _John De Keth Marshal Of Scot_|_____________________________________ | (1212 - 1270) m 1235 _Unknown de Keith _____| | | | | _William Cumyn Earl Of Biggar________ | | | (1191 - ....) | |_Margaret Cumyn ______________|_____________________________________ | (1217 - ....) m 1235 _William Keith of Galston_| | | | | _____________________________________ | | | | | ______________________________|_____________________________________ | | | | |_Johanna de Galbrathe _| | | | | _____________________________________ | | | | |______________________________|_____________________________________ | | |--Janet Keith | (1335 - 1406) | _____________________________________ | | | ______________________________|_____________________________________ | | | _______________________| | | | | | | _____________________________________ | | | | | | |______________________________|_____________________________________ | | |__________________________| | | _____________________________________ | | | ______________________________|_____________________________________ | | |_______________________| | | _____________________________________ | | |______________________________|_____________________________________
_____________________ | __________________________|_____________________ | _____________________| | | | | _____________________ | | | | |__________________________|_____________________ | _John Phenix Marshall _| | (1871 - 1961) m 1897 | | | _____________________ | | | | | __________________________|_____________________ | | | | |_____________________| | | | | _____________________ | | | | |__________________________|_____________________ | | |--Hazel Edna Marshall | (1903 - ....) | _____________________ | | | _Leander Alexander Parks _|_____________________ | | (1819 - 1907) m 1848 | _Cyrus Andrew Parks _| | | (1856 - 1945) m 1876| | | | _Andrew Henderson ___+ | | | | (1791 - 1823) m 1811 | | |_Emily Louisa Henderson __|_Mary (Polly) Maben _ | | (1817 - 1893) m 1848 (1794 - ....) |_Jessie May Parks _____| (1880 - 1917) m 1897 | | _____________________ | | | __________________________|_____________________ | | |_Alice Jane Dunn ____| (1858 - 1885) m 1876| | _____________________ | | |__________________________|_____________________
_Thomas Mildenhall __ | (1590 - 1673) _Thomas Mildenhall __|_____________________ | (1633 - 1682) m 1649 _Benjamin Mendenhall _| | (1662 - 1740) m 1689 | | | _William Strode Jr.__+ | | | (1589 - 1666) | |_Joane Strode _______|_Joane Barnard ______ | (1635 - 1682) m 1649 (1607 - 1649) _Moses Mendenhall ___| | (1694 - 1731) m 1719| | | _____________________ | | | | | _Robert Pennell _____|_____________________ | | | | |_Ann Pennell _________| | (1668 - 1749) m 1689 | | | _____________________ | | | | |_Hannah Hyandson ____|_____________________ | | |--Caleb Mendenhall | (1721 - 1746) | _____________________ | | | _____________________|_____________________ | | | _John Bowater ________| | | | | | | _____________________ | | | | | | |_____________________|_____________________ | | |_Alice Bowater ______| (1692 - ....) m 1719| | _____________________ | | | _____________________|_____________________ | | |_Frances Corbett _____| | | _____________________ | | |_____________________|_____________________
Georgia FGS from W. Dean Leonard, San Jose, California
FGS from Thomas A. Valentine, Roswell, Georgia
FGS from Thomas A. Valentine, Roswell, Georgia
__ | __|__ | __| | | | | __ | | | | |__|__ | _Thomas Richardson __| | (1569 - 1634) m 1590| | | __ | | | | | __|__ | | | | |__| | | | | __ | | | | |__|__ | | |--Samuel Richardson | (1602 - 1657) | __ | | | __|__ | | | __| | | | | | | __ | | | | | | |__|__ | | |_Katherine Duxford __| (1570 - 1631) m 1590| | __ | | | __|__ | | |__| | | __ | | |__|__
The Richardson Memorial by John Adams Vinton, 1876 printed by Brown Thurston & Co., Portland, Maine (1876), pg. 183 - 184:
SAMUEL RICHARDSON, the 2nd of the three brothers of that name, who united in the settlement of Woburn, was born in England, not far from the year 1610. We do no know in what year he came to this country. Possibly he came with his elder brother, Ezekiel, in 1630, though this is not at all probable. A list of fifty-eight men, inhabitantsof Charlestown, dated Jan. 9, 1633-4, is found on the records of that town. Among them is the name of Ezekiel Richardson, but not Samuel or of Thomas, his brothers. A similar list was made out, Jan. 1635-6, in which Ezekiel appears, but neither of his brothers. The first notice we find of Samuel is dated July 1, 1636, when he and his brother Thomas Richardson, with others, were on a committee to lay out lots of land for hay. In 1637, the names of Samuel and Thomas Richardson first appear in a list of inhabitants of Charlestown. The same year the town of Charlestown granted to each of them a "house-plot," clearly indicating that they had recently become residents in the place.These two brothers were admitted members of the church there, Feb.. 18, 1637-8, in consequence of which they were made freemen of the colony, May 2, 1638. Samuel was chosen surveyor of the highways, March 17, 1636-7.
Putting all these things together, it amounts to a certainty that while Ezekiel arrivedin June or July, 1630, his younger brothers did not come till 1636. Ezekielmay have been twenty-five or thirty on his coming. Samuel was probably fouror five years younger.
The three brothers had lots assigned them, April 20, 1638, on "Misticke side above the Ponds," that is, in Malden, and their names,among others, appear as persons having the privilege of pasturing cows upon the Common, Dec. 30, 1638.
On the 5th of Nov., 1640. the three brothers and four others, Edward Convers, Edward Johnson, John Mousall, and Thomas Graves,were chosen by the church of Charlestown as commissioners or agents for the settlement of a church and town, within what were then the limits of Charlestown, but soon after erected into a separate town, and called Woburn. That whole territory was then a wide, uncultivated waste. In the February following, the commissioners built a bridge over the Aberjona River, as the Mystic River is called, north of Mystic Pond. This bridge was known in after times as Convers' Bridge, from Edward Convers, the proprietor of the adjacent mill. He lived in the immediate vicinity, in the first house built in Woburn. Hisdescendants lived there, or in that vicinity, and the entire locality is nowin the heart of the town of Winchester. When the church was constituted in Woburn, Aug. 14, 1642, O.S., Samuel Richardson and his two brothers, with John Mousall, Edward Johnson, Edward Convers, and William Leonard, solemnly stood forth, as the nucleus around which the church was to be gathered.
The three brothers lived near to each other, on the same street, which has ever since been known as "Richardson's Row." It was by the town laid out as a street in 1647, and the three Richardsons are in the town book represented as then living upon it.
Samuel Richardson was selectman of Woburn in 1644-1646, and 1649-1651. In 1645, he paid the highest tax of any man in Woburn; Capt. Edward Johnson the next.
His wife was Joanna------. It should have been mentioned that she united with the church in Charlestown, on the 9th of the 7th month, or Sept. 9, 1639.
He died, intestate, March 23, 1658. The inventory is datedMarch 29, 1658. His widow Joanna and eldest son, John, were appointed administrators. [Midd. Prob. Rc., i. 142.] Lieut. John Wyman, of Woburn, was appointed guardian of his sons, John and Joseph, June 25, 1658. Family Tree Maker Online: GenealogyLibrary.com, Samuel Richard
Samuel was one of three Richardson brothers who came to this country. Ezekiel was likely the first to arrive in 1630. Samuel and Thomas came in probably spring of 1636 as the three were named to a committee on July 1, 1636, to lay out lots of land for hay. In 1637, the town of Charlestown granted to each of them a "house-plot." The first two children of Samuel were born in Charlestown. In 1640, the three brothers, and four others, were chosen by the church of Charlestown as commissioners or agents for the settlelment of a church and town which was called Woburn. The three brothers lived on the same street which has ever since been known as "Richardson's Row."
 then (1641) Woburn, MA
 inv. of estate dated
John Kahlerl (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Richardson by J. A. Vinton, pg 183-185 (1876)
Emig. from Herts., Eng., NEHGR 57:300 (1903)
FTM CD194 MA & ME FAM, V3, pg 217 (2 Mar 1998)
Richardson&Elsworth by R.E. Richardson, pg 11 (1974)